Friday, June 5, 2009

Tantrums

So far today:

a) I had to leave Olive Garden with two screaming kids.
b) Called out for being a horrible mom...by a homeless guy.



Well, actually he said he was going to go ballistic on me because my toddler was throwing a tantrum.

Picture if you will: Katie losing it just as we sit down and sip our water. Oldie moldy ladies dirty looks. Inconsolable crying. Will protesting because he hasn't had bread sticks. Two children upset as we get into the car.

Drive through next best option. Two horrible kids meals, being eaten in the car. Katie losing it again for some unknown reason. Homeless man yelling and gesturing. Annoyed that Katie won't stop, he approaches and accuses me of being a horrible mom, and how could i treat my boy like that. Threatening to go ballistic if I don't stop her from crying. She settles down because he's totally weird. He leaves because I am not reacting to his threats.

I'm thinking: 1. She's not a BOY. 2.Who are you? You have no idea who your messing with! (Right Natalie?) 3.I already feel bad for my frustration with my children, and more so with myself. Thanks homeless guy who has no idea!!

Dan said to just throw him prescription drugs and run...I couldn't help but laugh and cry a bit. Now I know, it's not always Family at Olive Garden!

5 comments:

Marla B said...

Order pick up next time. Avoid the homeless.....(FREAKY that the guy came up & talked to you....judging you....)
but ahh, children. I am sorry that happened! I hate tantrums! children.....love them & get so frustrated with them!

Ariane said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. Thanks for coming over to my hot house for dinner the other night. I was just what I needed. Matt keeps telling me, he's just a two year old, that's how they are, it will get better. I hope things are going better.

The Irvine Family said...

I'm sorry!!!! Tantrums seem to be a daily occurence at our house and they are no fun. What a crazy homeless man. I have to hand it to you for staying so calm. I would have got out and kicked him.

Sharon said...

I'm sorry but I have to say you are very brave to go to a sit down place with two toddlers, by yourself?! I'm all about easy I agree with your friend do pick up next time.

Teeps Peeps said...

That's right, they don't know who their messing with!!! Why, I oughta...I hate it when people are rude. It's such a hit on the self-esteem. Luckily, we have lots. Right, Jess? I've have a few public humiliations myself this week. Basically, I can't show my face at the post office, at Target, at Sam's club...sniff, sniff. It's cool.