Cashier: "Here's your change. May I ask, are you Indian?"
Me: (Smile politely.) "No."
Cashier: "Are you sure? You look Indian, and I'm from India, I should know."
Me: "Nope."
Cashier: "Where are you from?"
Me: "Utah. My dad is from Mexico...maybe I look Hispanic."
Cashier: "Do you speak Spanish?"
Me: "Nope."
Cashier: "Well, you look Indian." (Smile)
Me: "I get that a lot."
So, I took my change and sat down with Dan and the kids, and had a laugh. I promise, I really get that a lot!! Usually I'm asked if I am Filipino, Hawaiian, Indian etc. --So Dan suggested I get a shirt that says: "I'm not Indian...So don't ask!" Does this happen to anyone else? Dan never gets asked...hm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I seriously laughed so hard when I read this, my mom came over to see if I was okay. Yeah I get that too. Actually this old guy sweeping the floor at McDonald's came up to me asking me in Spanish if I speak Spanish and I said no, he left but was kind of stalking me the rest of the time I was there...creepy!
I guess I"m just the average white chick. Although, a little boy asked me if I had a baby in my belly. Maybe I should get a shirt that says "I'm not pregnant, so don't ask."
Oh Jess! At least people are looking at you! You could take it as a compliment, being so beautiful and mysterious. Maybe next time you could say, "Hey, I won't look too closely at you if you don't look too closely at me"! Love you!
Well today I was on a field trip with Michael and one of the mom's came up to me and started rabbling off in spanish, and I just said, "I'm sorry" she thought I spoke spanish, an easy mistake since michael is one of three white kids in his class out of 33 or so. I look darker than some Mexican's here.
Okay Jess, hope you get this! I thought I had your email, but I coulnd't find it anywhere. So, anyway here's the skinny on heads:
Ezra 20 inches
Buzz 20 inches
Kazoo 21 inches
Natalie 22 1/4 inches
Tyson 23 1/2 inches
Hope this helps! Ha ha ha. You're full of surprises! Love ya.
how fun to have a home of your own. are you in Washington? Is that where he'll do his OS? I wish we had a dog but I personally don't want to have to deal with the whole training thing, I would get it before Dan starts than he is around for a little while to help. Just be prepared, he will be gone a lot. And when they are home, they are so exhausted. I need your email again. Yes we have a rabbit, great for fertilizer for your garden! But doesn't compare to a dog.
actually I don't know when you are spying because I have other friends in Washington too. I'm not sure where everyone is in washington. I don't care if you spy if you don't care I spy. :)
Jessica,
Hey, I am glad we found each other. My blog is www.mandiandrodrigosanchez.blogspot.com. Check us out. Talk to you soon.
I get this all the time. I would invest in one of those shirts if you printed one. That reminds me, did I ever tell you of the "Hey Rapper" story that happened to me in Draper UT.
Post a Comment